Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back On The Radio

I doubt many people were left waiting with bated breath, but I can report to the 2 or 3 people who might be interested that I wiped the floor with my Round 1 opponent in the Mark & Brian Tournament of Champions. I would have shut the hapless Lisa out, but I had a brain fart on the oldest religion in the world (I said Buddhism, but the Hindu Vedas predate the forming of Buddhism by several hundred years). I also lost in on an easy 70s rock question ('Hair of the Dog' is an album by Nazareth, not Jethro Tull) and heard a Betty Crocker question wrong. Regardless, I won 5-1 with 2 questions to spare, and I'm okay with my performance. For my efforts, I won an 8 CD box set of heavy metal music, a gift that surely would have been more welcome in my collection when I was 20 than now, but it's free and that's what matters. If I win round 2, I get a Parrot Hands Free Speakerphone; round 3's prize is a 2 day trip to Caesar's Palace in Vegas to see Jerry Seinfeld, and the grand prize is a cruise to Mexico for 7 days. I've always said the only way you're going to get me on a cruise is to give me a free one, so I guess they were listening.

My 2nd round match is Thursday, July 31st at 8:30AM, same bat channel (95.5KLOS in LA). I heard my opponent play, and I'm not very worried about this match, but round 3 and 4 are going to be extremely tough. The remaining players are all very good and quick to respond. I have my work cut out for me, but I'm confident that I'll prevail! Wish me luck!

No comments: